homestead - Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 07:38:13 -0700

I had some of the folks I help with their SS and other stuff complain to me about the test. They've worked the census in the past and they were quite upset. I told them I'd go take it to find out what was up with the test. The census is split up into districts and the districts aren't necessarily on how your Congress boobs are elected now. For example, my Congress boob is out of Shasta (Republican) but the census district is out of Humboldt (Democrat). The test is taken, in part, out of CC entrance exams and para-educator exams. Same questions, word for word. Out of the hundreds and probably thousands who took the test in this district (which includes two colleges), only 3 people got 100% (moi would be one <g>). That's not a good average. It is only 4 or 5 pages and only a few (4 to 6 max, as I remember it) questions per page. Most of them are words like the dreaded math word problems and twisted word puzzles. If train A is going, then train B will arrive at. Who is the conductor?

Plus, ACORN doesn't have to test their people. They just hire them.

And, pray tell, why are they paying people $11.50 plus mileage to hand deliver the census forms? They used to mail them and then had workers go out and knock on doors for those that didn't get returned and for those that were being given the long form. Just the generic form is being hand delivered to a large portion of the country!

Can someone PLEASE tell me where all this money is coming from?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

Couldn't agree more with what you are saying Lynda. It is more
important now than ever that we look out for ourselves and cut our
dependency on the government wherever we can. Rahm Emmanuel
stated in earlier speeches that healthcare and global warming were
areas where they could bring about a redistribution of wealth. I don't
think they ever were serious about the promises being made and had
greater goals in mind.

Now if they can get the census numbers to come in the way they want
and shift the population numbers to their districts and states they can
shift perhaps dozens of republican seats to the democrats for the next
10 years without having to win an election in a tough district to do it.
Now
that they have ACORN approved again to participate, I think we will see
them accomplish that goal.

I was also disappointed with the secret inclusion of college loans in the
healthcare bill. It has no relation and should have been a separately
debated
issue. With 2 kids in college, the idea that no one can compete with the > government for the loan dollars is scary. This means that you force nearly
every college student in the US to start out life indebted to the
government.
One more way of controlling us. It all reminds me of the old company store
model where you house the workers and provide the store for them to buy
from but the tab they run for everything is owed to the employer so you can
never quit.