homestead - [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: Kelly M <crayphish AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:20:37 -0500

Hi y'all,

Long time lurker here who has always respected and envied the core members
here's outstanding skill levels, development and perseverance......and
unfortunately presently living in a condo. I "get" the economy presently
having its way with us. BUT, IMHO, jobs will never recover. Jobs are being
phased out by technology regardless of the inflated BS of wall street and
sub prime loans defaulting. The USPS is on it's death bed. Scanning,
email, online bill pay, fedex and ups are the viruses of the USPS. How many
people do they employ? What an impact it's inevitable death will have on
the economy. Foreclosures have not begun to slow down. This is only one
example of our infrastructure decaying. Robotics are another sound virus
that is replacing jobs. Any flu virus doesn't scare me at all. There is no
vaccine to ward off the seduction of technology. I don't see sustainability
as a possibility with technology progressing as it has. The future I see
will be one as it used to be. Work daily to survive. Gather the eggs or
there is no breakfast. Survival of the fittest in it's purest form.

Scary.....inevitable

Kelly
--
The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
These nations have progressed through this sequence:

>From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from
courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to
selfishness; from selfishness to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from
dependency back again into bondage.