homestead - Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:43:00 -0500

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net> wrote:
> I can get you the quotes from interviews from folks on the streets back when
> he first tossed his hat in the ring.  In fact, words similar to that were
> used on this list.

I've never met an actual person who ever thought Obama was godlike.

He's been about what I expected although I'm more than a little pissed
off that he hasn't gotten rid of the Patriot Act. OTOH, it's always a
big temptation of the power of the presidency to grab everything that
the people are willing to cede. Plus, I think that hiring the villains
who brought us the current financial disaster to continue running the
financial show will possibly be the one thing that brings him down.

OTOH, any idiot could see that the mess that the previous four
presidents left us would take a couple of generations to fix.

Here's a lecture by Rick Perlstein that gives an opinion on why
Obama's presidency has been a disappointment:

http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/news/video/2010/03/25/watch-whatever-happened-to-hope-why-barack-obama-cannot-become-a-transformational-president.110739
or http://tinyurl.com/yctrcse

I pretty much agree with Perlstein's conclusions.

Marie