homestead - Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:46:55 -0700

The Obamaites were the ones who began by referring to him as their and, by reflection, this country's Savior.

And, I think the whole use of the respect thing as been worn thin. Respect is earned, it isn't a given. I don't know when it began to be tossed around with such ease, perhaps when those in the White House stopped respecting the position they were/are in and they didn't want people calling them on it.

In fact, I'm trying to think back to any president since I've been following politics who didn't embarass the office they held to some degree or another and who didn't qualify as model citizens who earned respect. And, please don't bring up Ronnie Baby. We knew him personally and he's right up there with that moron who is currently making a mess of CA's economy!

All in all though, it is the sheople who bear responsibility. They won't vote for one person because of his religion, they vote for another one because either a) they buy the b.s. he's selling or b) they bear the "white man's guilt." Sheesh. This country has been gradually going down the John E. Crapper for decades because the voting populace shouldn't be let within a mile of a polling place! To be blunt, most are eligible for the Darwin Award or are too damn dumb to be let out without a keeper!

The goal of the public school system has succeeded!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

I have noticed that there has been little on this list from those who supported Obama during the Chosen One's campaign. So, just curious. Anyone here still support Him. If so, care to explain why?<

There never was much on this list in support of Obama. There was much
anti-Obama posting on the list.

Obama has done nothing to make me embarrassed to have him as President
of the country. He's done very few things differently than I think
another candidate would have with the exception of Ron Paul. I had
higher hopes, but then again, he's got 3 more years at least.

It's annoying and very Rush Limbaugh-like that people capitalize "Him"
and "Chosen One" when they refer to him. I guess relating him to a god
is equal to the disrespect that people showed George Bush. It's a
shame that disrespect of the President is okay, guess it's just a sign
of the times.

Nope, no reason yet to make me embarrassed about President Obama. I'm
not hopeful that any politician is going to make big changes in this
country. The change that's needed starts with people, society and
their attitudes.

Rob - Va