homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:11:56 -0800

There was a guy that went to China to build a housing project. He made them all solar in the hopes that it would work well and the Chineses would decide to make panels and then the price would come way down. I guess it didn't work or they haven't decided to make the panels.

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

I was just helping my daughter with a report on this very subject, The
conversion in the seventies was nationwide, from my personal experience
I have never worked for an employer that was not 100 percent flourescent
in my 30 years of working in multiple states. Never realized it until I
read
this. I take this successful conversion as a very positive sign that we can
do the same in other areas as well. California has made strides, and is now
15 percent hydro of the total state use, but petroleum based sources still
make up the lions share. Considering California is number 2 on the energy
consumption list, 15 percent is actually a huge amount. Washington is 87
percent
and in the lead, but most areas of the country will never be able to touch
these
numbers for lack of powerful rivers etc. Solar, if it ever comes down in
price
is the logical source of choice. I had read a couple years ago that the
Japanese
had developed a paint that acted as a solar panel, and you could paint your
house with it and generate energy all day long. Hopefully that will pan out
and
eliminate much of the need for panels.