homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:54:46 EST

I was just helping my daughter with a report on this very subject, The
conversion in the seventies was nationwide, from my personal experience
I have never worked for an employer that was not 100 percent flourescent
in my 30 years of working in multiple states. Never realized it until I
read
this. I take this successful conversion as a very positive sign that we can
do the same in other areas as well. California has made strides, and is now
15 percent hydro of the total state use, but petroleum based sources still
make up the lions share. Considering California is number 2 on the energy
consumption list, 15 percent is actually a huge amount. Washington is 87
percent
and in the lead, but most areas of the country will never be able to touch
these
numbers for lack of powerful rivers etc. Solar, if it ever comes down in
price
is the logical source of choice. I had read a couple years ago that the
Japanese
had developed a paint that acted as a solar panel, and you could paint your
house with it and generate energy all day long. Hopefully that will pan out
and
eliminate much of the need for panels.

Drew

In a message dated 11/29/2009 3:42:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,