homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool question

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool question
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:06:27 -0500

My dad had what I called "The Irishman's Toolkit" : A hammer, a crescent wrench, two screwdrivers and a saw. He seemed to be able to fix just about anything. I remember it was a BIG deal when he got a vice grip.

Chris

What about wrenches? Why would I really need wrenches when I can get a
socket on them?

I have a set of open end wrenches and a partial set of metric ones, they are
really useful in some applications when you can't get too it with a ratchet.
One of my most valuable wrenches is a big, big crescent wrench. It fills
the bill when I don't have a socket big enough.

Rob - Va