homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool question

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool question
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 06:33:01 -0600

> DH wants a new cordless drill (24v, 1/2") for Christmas, so I'll be doing
> some investigation on them. He had a Craftsman but he wore it out. They
> are made by Ryobi now, so don't know how they are rated. I've read that
> Panasonic makes one that is really highly rated. Of course, Mikita is
> always rated a good value drill. So many choices, so little time <g>

24V stuff is a bit rare, 19.2 is much more common. My next cordless tool
will be a 19.2 drill driver or impact driver. Another very good source for
power tools is Craig's list. I have found several fantastic deals on CL.

Don Bowen KI6DIU
New ruralize pages, follow the link off http://www.ruralize.com