homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tool question

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tool question
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:13:32 -0500

DH wants a new cordless drill (24v, 1/2") for Christmas, so I'll be doing
some investigation on them. He had a Craftsman but he wore it out. They
are made by Ryobi now, so don't know how they are rated. I've read that
Panasonic makes one that is really highly rated. Of course, Mikita is
always rated a good value drill. So many choices, so little time <g>

Lynda

I bought a Makita BHP-454 when Home Depot had their big sale about two months ago. Spend $300 in total and get $75 off. My old drill was a DeWalt from about 1993, that had a charge that would last about 4 minutes. It was either get new batteries (or build them) or get a new drill. I decided that I *NEEDED* a drill.

It wasn't cheap, but boy, is it nice. What I love is the high-torque, extreme slow motion... can now remove screws without striping their heads into oblivion.

Chris
Apex, NC