homestead - Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Re: Farm Update

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Re: Farm Update
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

River water, ughhh.  Although after Hurricane Andrew, we resorted to bathing
in the local canal - that is until we saw dead cows and other animals that
had been blowing into the canals floating by.......

Our well wasn't dry, and after we got a generator we were able to get water
up, which we treated the drinking portion with a few drops of chlorine for
the first few weeks just in case there was any kind of groundwater problem
with the storm surge.  We stopped though and didn't get sick.

Is it possible a neighbor with a good well would let you pull water up and
accept payment in terms of kilowatts used on the meter from begin to end
pumping.. and then multiplied times the kW rate on the bill?

.50 a gallon is outrageous....

500gal x .50 = $250......... I know I was pulling up a lot more in terms of
gallong than that per DAY during the hottest part of the summer and my impact
on the electric bill per MONTH was way way less than that !