homestead - Re: [Homestead] water! was Re: Farm Update

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] water! was Re: Farm Update
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:19:15 -0400

Leslie wrote:
Really? Didn't know that.

I do remember as a kid one of the neighbors did have plumbing in
their house. They collected rainwater off the roof, which went into
wooden barrels that had lids on them. I do remember algae in those
barrels (this was north of Chicago so not deep south). Maybe there
were times when the lid wasn't on? Don't know.

either that or there were cracks in the boards or a knothole or something.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed