homestead - Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Re: Farm Update

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [BULK] Re: Farm Update
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

Good, hopefully I won't get a frost before they finish up....

2 grocery bags of jalapenos !  I think that is way more than my plants
produced and I thought I was drowning in them..........  LOL.  Although, I
started mine from seed way late in the season.  I don't think I will plant
more than one plant next year if at all, as I'm not used to using hot peppers
much.  The amount produced this year is going to last me a long time.  And
none of the neighbors wanted any either.

I just made Jalapeno-Chedder crackers.  I've never made crackers before, and
I'm not a fan of jalapeno/cheese bread.......  But these crackers are superb,
easily addictive.  As least I have an outlet for some of the jalapenos now.

I also froze some of the jalapenos, sliced, in addition to all the canned
ones.

Yes, they continue ripening.  We've already had killer frost, so my garden
is done.  I did get two grocery bags (paper) full of jalapenos.  I have some
really "pretty" ones that I'm going to make a rista with.  Looks like I'll
be canning peppers and pepper rings for a week <g>  All from 6 plants!

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."  Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.