homestead - Re: [Homestead] set-up

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] set-up
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:38:49 EDT

I see a lot fewer of this sort of thing than I did at the anti-bush
rallies, frankly. I remember all the nazi signs, baby killer signs, burning
effigies, etc. I don't see the big deal with the current round of protests,
other than the fact that the former protesters are now being protested
against
and don't like it.

Drew

In a message dated 9/18/2009 7:38:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
waltonrp AT gmail.com writes:

> "I wish that we would all, again, curb our enthusiasm in some of the
> statements that are made," Pelosi said. Some of the people hearing the
> message "are not as balanced as the person making the statement might
> assume," she said.
>
> So Pelosi is telling tea baggers to curb themselves, because the "some
of
> the people hearing the message" are not "balanced".... Well we know she
> isn't talking about Congress not being balanced, because Congress isn't
> listening !!! LOL.
> Therefore she's talking about some of the Obama supporters..... like the
> one that got hauled away by the police at the last
> rally I went to who tried to instigate a physical altercation and
started a
> yelling match while we were sitting quietly listening to a speech...
>
> Yet, they will blame the tea baggers............for exercising their
right
> to assemble PEACEFULLY and right to free speech, etc.

What I got from what she said is that there are people who might take some
of the messages set forth by people at the tea parties and act on them. My
understanding of the tea parties is that they are protests against taxes.

Some of the signs say things like:

Obama's plan = white slavery

The zoo is the place for monkeys, the white house has an African.
(something
like that)

There are lots of more extreme messages. Pelosi is saying that the great
thing about this country is free speech, but people need to take
responsibility for what they say. There are lots of crazies in the world.

Rob - Va