homestead - Re: [Homestead] set-up

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] set-up
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:42:26 -0800

Rob, they actually went to the expense (BIG expense, glossy pages and 11x14) of putting out a magazine in which they portrayed Dumbya as a monkey. I have the magazine and can scan some of the pictures if you'd like to see it. It is a parody on Curious George.

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

I was not a Bush supporter, but in some ways, he was not a bad as I expected
him to be. In many ways, he was worse.
There were lot's of protests regarding Bush. Lots were personal attacks. I
did not see things like white slavery, monkeys, etc. I did see the Hitler
mustache, etc. I never saw someone bringing a gun to a political meeting in
the Bush years.
There were a lot of white supremacist groups that backed Obama. They felt
that if he got in office, it would make their mission of government
breakdown to race wars easier.

"Duke has called Obama a "visual aid for hate groups."
He says an Obama presidency would provide indisputable proof that whites
have lost control of America."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96227586

Hate Groups Claim Obama Win is Sparking Recruitment Surge

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2008/11/06/hate-groups-claim-obama-win-is-sparking-recruitment-surge/

President Obama? Many White Supremacists are Celebrating

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2008/06/11/president-obama-many-white-supremacists-are-celebrating/

I am not saying that tea baggers are white supremacists. Some of the extreme
statements that are said at the rallies and not condemned by Republican
leaders or tea party organizers.

What Pelosi is saying is that the tea baggers need to be ready to take
responsibility for their constitutionally protected words. I think that
people that protested Bush would be willing to take responibility for
their constitutionally protected words.

Rob - Va