homestead - Re: [Homestead] who's the liar?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] who's the liar?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:22:42 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Bev; I think you are right about the supporters not being just republicans. A lot of people are unhappy with the direction the country is taking....they can agree on that. I agree with that, but then you have people like Glenn Beck trying to take credit for it....that turns off a lot of people who aren't far right. I think that the whole movement will fall apart once a leader emerges because the 'platform' will be more specific and not everyone will like it...if it's too far right, they'll lose the left, too far left, they'll lose the right. Even a consitutionalist like Ron Paul would lose some people.

Lynn Wigglesworth

I agree, and like I said, too, I think the group is almost intentionally leaderless to avoid something like what I call the Palin effect. Anyone who steps up to say anything against Pelosi et all get shot down pretty quickly, then hounded for months on end.
--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA