homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rallies

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rallies
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:15:56 -0400

I started to post this yesterday, but yesterday afternoon, around 4 or 5, it was the main story on Fox News, but CNN ran the Annie Le abduction story all day. I did not see anything on CNN until late last night and then of course, early this morning.

Robert Walton wrote:
Interesting. Before and during the early years of Iraq war, thousands
of demonstrators came out in New York and Washington. You didn't hear
about it? That's because none of them were covered. I had friends on
the East Coast who were flabbergasted that what they did ended up like
the tree falling in the forest with no one to see it.

Marie

But the "official" word from the organizations backing the protests is that
the "government run" media did not cover them. I certainly saw a lot of
coverage, Stephanopoulos said that you can't ignore an opposition of this
size. I just don't see where it's not being covered.

Rob -Va