homestead - Re: [Homestead] who's the liar?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] who's the liar?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:54:10 -0800

If you look at the age of a large majority of the folks out there, I'm thinking their "unrest" started long before the last three. I've talked to a few and the comments kind of start with Reagan and being irritated that North is running around like some kind of hero instead of wearing black and white stripes.

I still hear irritation about "No New Taxes."

I think Teflon is the straw that broke the camels back. I think far to many people willingly smoked what he was providing and now they've come down and are really disillusioned.

Plus, I think they are fed up with television and not being able to get a straight answer out of anyone.

Kinda like the song "clowns to the right of me, jokers to the left, here I am stuck in the middle again."

And, I personally wish that Pelosi would go back to Maryland where she came from!

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.

I had to google Carter and find that story, as I had not heard of his
comments. He is saying what others are saying, but I think if the media
and the powers that be simply think this is a racial issue(and I fully
admit that it surely is for some people who have jumped on the tea party
bandwagon to get publicity and hopefully recruit new militia members or
whatever), then they are missing the bigger picture and will be
surprised one day when the protests become violent, probably after Obama
is out of office and the next president becomes just as inefficient as
those who preceded him.
I think this movement has been building a long, long time. I think it
started with the Clinton administration and all the scandals. It really
gained ground during the Bush years and all the scandals about hanging
chads, mission accomplished, nepotism in elections, etc. etc. you name
it. The country gave Barack Obama a chance to change things and so far
he is not doing so well. People are angry, and while a few may have
racial issues, most do not. Those with racial issues would have never
voted for a black president, and yet, we see Democrats(whom we assume
voted for Obama) in the Tea Party crowd, too. Racism makes a convenient
rebuttal for the dissatisfaction shown, but it is a red herring.
President Carter stated that whites do not want blacks to lead the
country. My mouth dropped open to hear him say this, as he lives and
works in a state where most of the elected and appointed officials are
non-white. The metro Atlanta area, where the Carter Library is located
and where he lives, has a population of almost 5.5 million, 57% of which
are black. Whites make up 37%. Atlanta has not had a white major since
1973. Atlanta is a city where black leadership is commonplace, and just
like white leadership, there are good politicians and bad ones. There
is corruption and there is progress. Most folks call it as they see it,
and race doesn't play a part. I'm not sure what Carter was basing his
comments on, but it certainly wasn't local politics. It seems to me
that when things are good, like right after the inauguration during the
honeymoon, the word was that white America had overcome racism and
elected the country's first black, rather bi-racial, president. Now
that things aren't going quite as well, the race card is pulled out, and
by Carter of all people. Is he trying to regain favor within the Party
or what?
Carter sucked as a President, IMO. The good things he tried to do(like
rescue hostages) failed miserably, and the press always had a field day
with him. They made fun of his accent, his peanuts, his brother, his
mother, his daughter, his town, etc. etc. Carter was a nuke submariner
under Hymen Rickover. That is not a small statement. The man is
extremely intelligent and has worked for World Peace for many years
since he left the White House. I've met him and Rosalyn when I was at
Emory. My great uncle is a personal friend of the former President down
in South Georgia. I know he is a good man, and I know he has good
intentions but I think he is wrong about his assessment of the tea party
crowd. Maybe there are some racists on the fringes, but the main
movement is not racist.
I knew that somehow the Democrats-Pelosi, Frank, Dodd and the gang-
would try to find a way of discrediting the Tea Party movement and
messages, but to finagle a 85 year old former President into crying
racism, well, I'm just disappointed. That was really low.

If President Obama wants to quell these tea party protests, perhaps he
should take a long look at Nancy Pelosi and start playing hardball
within his own party. He needs to find a way to get her out. If Pelosi
was sent home, you would probably lose 25-50% of protesters. They may
not be racist, but I haven't talked to anyone yet who thought Pelosi was
a good thing...most think she is just evil. Pelosi, Dodd, Frank, and
Reid should be investigated. Maybe Michael Moore's new movie will spark
some kind of action from the top.

Bev

Robert Walton wrote:

A few days ago, Rob Walton made a post about the signs he saw on
ABC's coverage. I missed it, but he stated that ABC's coverage was
"huge". Rob, can you estimate how many people showed up?

No clue, I just happened to have ABC on that day and got news of the
event. They might have said how many showed, but I didn't pick up on
it.

I think that the supporters of the event said that the "state run"
media reported the number as high so that they could then discredit
the event as having less people. Then others were saying that they
reported it low, because they did not want to do much coverage on it.

Personally, I think that President Carter's comments on the stop
Obama at all costs movement ring true.

I'm going to duck and run for cover now, cause that ought to get the
flames on my ass.

list and subscription:
homestead list member options:
View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead

09/15/09 13:37:00

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed