homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cops are Afraid

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <gil.white AT xplornet.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cops are Afraid
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:27:25 -0800

Here's the deal, Gil. In days of yore there were snake oil salesmen and people bought the bottle of tonic and expected it to work, NOW! I'm one of the naughty people and call the current White House resident Shiney Thing. Shiney Things are things that distract people. *Some* people (the folks, in general, who voted for him) were all hyped and *choose* to take everything he said at face value. What he said was he would do x, y and z within a given number of days, weeks or months of election. They also ran around merrily electing a bunch of morons that belonged to the same party and gleefully declared "we have the majority."

Their balloon has been popped and the Shiney Thing is now tarnished. Suddenly they are having to take off the rosey tinted glasses and look at the real world. Makes for some unhappy campers.

Not all of us thought he would accomplish much of anything that was positive and a whole bunch that folks down the road would regret.

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gil White" <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
snip<

I would love to sit down some cold evening with a pint of bitters with a few of you to try to understand why the expectation that one man elected through the very system people detest could be expected to turn things around in under a year.

Our Prime Minister probably has more power to shape government policy then any US president since probably Nixon and we had so little faith in any of the potential candidates that we set Mr. Harper up with a minority government.