homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cops are Afraid

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cops are Afraid
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:47:18 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
From: <wixlet AT gmail.com>
On 9/1/09, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

As Bev said, this country is becoming more divided...people who support what he is trying to do, and people who think he is doing
damage to the country.
That could easily be said about the presidencies of both Bush II and Clinton, too. I'm too young to say that the same with confidence about Reagan and Bush I, but I suspect that the sentiment would be equally valid in those cases, too.

That's true, but there seems to be a viciousness in this that I never
saw directed at Bush or Clinton. The misrepresentations and outright
lies about Obama, and the venom with which they are repeated (even after being disproven) are scary.

Lynn, surely you remember the Clinton Body Count story...I
don't know how much worse it can be than calling someone and his wife a
serial killer. That story STILL has legs. What about Reagan and the
astrologers? Even though McCain lost, there was quite a bit of venom,
there, too. Swift boats, three purple hearts-that was questioning a
man's-a hero's service record....By contrast, Obama has been treated
with kid gloves by the media in comparison to the way others have been
treated. In his case, people want verification of what he says, like
the old Reagan adage, Trust, but Verify... As to the people who are
vocal about Obama, it is just the other 50% of the population.

Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed
somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA