homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:40:03 -0700 (PDT)

Ha !

I couldn't remember exactly how far north and east Missouri was, so I looked
at a map.  Smack east of Kansas/ west of Illinois.  I spent a lot of my youth
in the Chicago 'burbs.... that is really cold there.  Amazing that your snow
doesn't last long, as I remember the snow from my youth in Chicago and N.
Wisconsin.  Does the ground freeze there, or are you below that freeze line.

I also realize I did in fact drive through Missouri (from S. Illinois to
Kansas City).... and had no recollection of driving through it.    Is it low
rolling hills and lots of farmland?  For the life of me I can't recall
anything between S. Illinois and Kansas City (which means I was likely not
driving, and probably sound asleep.....)  Last I recall was fueling in S. IL,
and then driving thru Kansas City (horrible road conditions, major repairs
needed, that I remember ! )

My daughter was 16 that year, and she got to drive most of a 6,000 mile
trip... as part of her learn-how-to-drive experience.  Big mistake,,,, she
loves cars,,, and loves to go fast......