homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:39:02 EDT

> >From what I can see the state of TN average unemployment is 10.8

That of course is the cooked figure. Actual unemployment is much higher.
I'm just a few miles north of Jeanne and the real estate for sale signs are
everywhere like mushrooms. The most amusing are tiny little snippets of
rural land that people bought up on speculation and now they can't give them
away.

A lot of businesses have closed, almost every major industry (such as
Th'Eastman in Kingsport) have laid off large percentages of their workforce.

On the cherry side, prices are very modest on just about everything. But
... inflation lurks around the fringes.

James