homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:41:10 -0700 (PDT)

<<Bills are being passed. It will be interesting to see what's actually
in them and how they work out.>>

IMO, easy answer, bankrupt ideas wind up in bankruptcy court.

<<<I agree. In the meantime, I see huge McMansions being built while
excellent housing (but older) all over the place has been abandoned.
To the good, I see a whole lot more of my neighbors here in the
country raising chickens and having large gardens.

While I applaud anyone's efforts to have gardens and chickens..... I see the
increase in this is a symptom of a real illness in the economy, as opposed to
more people yearning to eat homegrown non-chem food.  I see it as being done
out of necessity ($ shortages) and/or (more likely) extraordinaryfear of the
future availability of consistent food supplies due to economic problems.  It
is cheaper and less time consuming to go to the grocery store than to count
on the uncertainly of production (weather, bugs, critters).

I was speaking to my best friend last night, a Chicagoan, who was telling me
about his childhood friend's recent trip from Chicaoland  to and thru a
number of states surrounding IL.  My friend was shocked at what he learned,
because in the city he isn't seeing solid evidence of economic trouble, just
some belt tightening.  His friend told him a number of shocking observations
about closed businesses, abandoned homes and foreclosure signs - whole older
neighborhoods (not just the newer McMansions), etc thru town after town after
town.   This confirms some of the posts from the last week on this list.

<< Climate will certainly play a big part. >>  Respectfully Disagree, but the
legislation to TAX climate will play a HUGE part.

"So the question is – why does the suspect Catlin data get unlimited press
coverage, while the comprehensive data of the Wegener Institute gets buried
by the press?  Is it possible that some members of the press have an agenda?"

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/05/17/catlin-artic-ice-survey-an-annie-hall-moment/

(My guess is yes, and the agenda is the bloodsucking government needs a deep
pocket to tax... hence the climate tax....a/k/a global warming...)

<<<Population growth will also play a big part.  >>>

Yeah, as in China's population is growing so fast it will soon consume the
entire world's resources - according to US Gov't figures in just a couple
decades....     :-)    (heard from reliable source, not independently
confirmed.)