homestead - [Homestead] Greenhouse on hilly lot

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Greenhouse on hilly lot
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:33:17 -0500

On Jul 17, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Jeanne Driese wrote:

My own garden has been pretty sparse, we have had so much rain that the leaf cover is dense, dense, and more dense, so I am getting very little in the way of enough sun to grow anything! Going to start my fall crops and hope the leaves will fall early and crops will keep on growing through the cold weather. My sun coverage in the winter is great! :))) Wish I had a level spot to put a green house!

Jeanne, do you have a south-facing window where you could build out and hang a planting box outside? Or, better, enlarge the window and do a substantial window box? That would provide winter veggies and help heat the house.