homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:21:59 EDT

> >My criteria isn't Wall Street. All Wall Street is is Vegas in suits.

I've looked and I can't find a link to it. Too bad. I've a dozen or so
political cartoons magneted to the fridge, cartoons from the past six or
seven
years and the ones I think really tell the story of our times.

The most recent one is two pannels. The first is captioned "What they want
you to think..." or some such and shows a couple sitting across the desk
from a business-like woman and the sign on the door says "Safe and Stable
Investments, Inc," (or some such).

The second pannel is captioned "What is really going on ...." and it shows
the Wall Street types in suits and with cigars at crap tables and roulette
wheels labeled "Derivitives", "Mortgaged Backed Securities" and such.

Have you had the experience of teaching someone to drive a car and you urge
them to be looking ahead several hundred yards to what is coming up, but,
panicked over what they might be running over at the moment, they insist on
looking 3' in front of hte hood? Stock investers are that way now of days.
Used to be stock was something you bought now in hopes that it would
increase in value over twenty or thirty years. Now of days it seems like
most
"investors" (read "gamblers") are looking twenty or thirty minutes into the
future.

James