homestead - Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Censorship coming
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:42:43 -0400

Robert Walton wrote:

I want to see a lot of things done differently than the Bush years, but the fact that most of the Democrats in Congress were there during
the Bush years are there now, leads me to believe that they are not the ones to lead us on the path to change.

Yup, exactly.

Even Obama has taken a public tone of "lets look forward, not back".

His stance on that has changed over time. In the early days of his
campaign, he was all for special investigations and prosecutions-he
basked in and gained momentum from the anti-Bush anger, then, after he
was elected, he backed off on that taking the more healing, 'look
forward' approach. I think I even believed that at one point, but as
time goes on, he may flip on that issue again-it may already be
happening... http://tinyurl.com/kphrow
The article above seems to think President Obama wants to ignore the
past and move forward to discuss his domestic agenda, but I know people
who think just the opposite, that Obama might be stirring the pot behind
the scenes so that we all focus on all the bad stuff Bush did instead of
all the stuff he promised to do but can't find the money to do. I
really hope we do move forward and not waste any more time on the past.
For once we should all try to work together to find answers, not take a
microscope to each other's flaws. Besides, the millions that we would
waste on special investigations and prosecutions could be better spent
elsewhere.

Bev
--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/