homestead - Re: [Homestead] getting away

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] getting away
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 00:45:20 -0400

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't imagine a better review than that. To hear this kind of praise
> coming from people who've seen the old Star Trek series and movies is
> amazing. Prequels almost always disappoint, but this one seems to have
> knocked it out of the park.

They handled it well, didn't try to explain every detail or even match every
established fact. They neatly managed to arrange a very true-to-Star Trek
plotline that allowed for the minor differences. Very clever. The Star
Trek universe is not handled reverently, but warmly.

And it was good to see our old friend Leonard Nimoy.