homestead - Re: [Homestead] getting away

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] getting away
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 22:37:13 -0400

Yeah, maybe that was the downer for me, too, but like you say, good concept and possibly more true than I am comfortable with. I could not watch Pulp Fiction and have learned the hard way that Quenton Tarantino and I differ greatly on our opinions of what is artistic.<g> Gore just doesn't do it for me. I can live without the nightmares.

Cathy wrote:
Bev

I really enjoyed the first Matrix film, saw it on video in, what, 2000? I
should say I enjoyed the concept--pretty cool. The second was okay. I
would not have gone to see the third, but my son was very interested in
it. I can remember two or three really interesting scenes in each of the
last two movies. I'm not much for gratuitous violence, and I spent a good
bit of the last movie with my eyes closed.

Cathy