homestead - Re: [Homestead] getting away

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] getting away
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 20:06:48 -0400

That would be, um, Ambassador Spock....lol
Well, Lynda, maybe you better not see the flick. Spock is fully capable
of emotional and physical responses due to anger. I don't know the
actor's name but he was 'spock' on...lol...he was great! I think Gene
Roddenberry would be so proud of this film. Gene pushed the
boundaries in race relations, not just with the casting and story lines
of Uhura, but with Spock's bi-species ancestry, which is highlighted,
developed, and modernizes the story for the new generation of
bi-whatevers(yes, there are already people out there who claim to be
half alien, but again,the lessons are there for bi-racial teens and
adults, in a fun, "green eggs and ham" kind of way-you will only get
that joke if you saw the movie!) I also greatly liked the character
development for Uhura. Actually, the character development in general
was really the heart of the movie. The special effects were icing on
the cake.

Lynda wrote:
Mr. Spock is my hero <g> If only the rest of the world/universe operated in such a logical manner!

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public
debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered
and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed
lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of
living on public assistance."

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/