homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden fun

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden fun
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 20:13:50 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Besides a great big onion on a hamburger from time to time, I've grown unimpressed with huge onions. Much more prone to spoilage and since most of our storage onions are dehydrated (tops and all most of the time), I really don't care how big they are.

James

97% of all the onions I am growing will be dehydrated. The only reason I want a 4" onion is because I've never grown one myself. I've apparently been growing long day onions in a short day climate, which only leads to green onions.
--
I am having an out-of-money experience.
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/