homestead - Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 03:02:43 -0600

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net> wrote:
> When I worked for the school district as registrar at the high school I had
> to work with schools and district offices in all 50 states and multiple
> cities within each. When I worked at the CC, I had to work with folks in
> states all over ..... So, I'm not judging those getting paid by the
> taxpayer by CA workers, I'm
> judging them by all those folks I had to deal with and it is scary to think
> so many goldbricks, and to be quite honest, Peter Principle folks, are out
> there collecting a paycheck!

And as we say, while taking deep breaths, the effing moron teachers
who call us are the minority.

> I think it is great that you believe you're working with the exceptions but
> statistics would say otherwise.

No, I don't believe the hardworking people I work with are the
exceptions. Until the last couple of years the State Board was immune
to placinjg
Blago's morons, and we really are pretty much highly qualified for
what we do. AND, we'll be lark happy to see the backsides of the
pay-for-play folks.

For what it'sworth, until Blago raised his ugly head, the State Board
was free of all political influence, which is the only reason I ever
got a job there.

And, your state routinely votes in folks
> like Blogo, Daley and Teflon, so I'm not thinking it's all peaches and cream
> out there.

We've also voted in people like Everett Dirksen,Paul Douglas, and Paul
Simon. Right now we have a slate of constitutional officers who could
all run for the Senate or governorship with no whisper about their
backgrounds.
.

> And, while I know this state is currently in trouble, everyone better start
> praying or whatever ya do because if CA goes down the John-E

Looks like you may have a budget. Hope it works.

Marie