homestead - Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 03:32:45 -0800 (PST)

I was trying to use sarcasm to make a point and it came across as me just
being mean. Marie had the right to be aggravated with me. However well
meant my point might have been, my wording destroyed the effect.

Not only does Marie work for her state government, one of my brothers works
for his (he is a skilled carpenter -- believe it ir not -- the government
has carpenters as employees). I don't know what Marie does, but I'll bet,
with her education, and experience, that Illinois doesn't pay her what she is
worth. That wasn't my point.

My point was/is that the whole damn system is out of whack and we should let
the pieces fall where they may and take the pain, now. We will survive. I
didn't think this way last year, but with all of the new waste and abuse and
expansion of government, I don't see any other realistic option. But, I am
one voter and I don't vote for either of the major parties, so I'm kind of a
useless voice.

I'm planting my garden, moving around my electronic blips, and planning my
sooner than later dissappearance into the ether of this big, wild, world.
Everything that people have flat-out said that can't be done, can all be done
-- to a enough of a degree to make a difference.

But, in the meantime , I'm still going to join in the talks of this nature.
I enjoy hearing you all's feelings and opinions - whether , or not, they
agree with mine. But, I'll try to be more careful with my wording. Marie
was right; I was wrong, and I should have been more careful expressing my
thoughts properly.

p.s. Bev, when we have police (of whatever acronym) out chasing egg and milk
sellers and using choppers and UAVs to look for plants on people's private
land, we have too many police (of whatever acronym).