homestead - Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 00:30:35 -0800

When I worked for the school district as registrar at the high school I had to work with schools and district offices in all 50 states and multiple cities within each. When I worked at the CC, I had to work with folks in states all over the U.S. (and other countries). When I worked with the feds, I had to work with folks who worked in government, at the taxpayers dime, in multiple states. The same when I worked for the city since I was in purchasing and we piggyback claused all our bids.

So, I'm not judging those getting paid by the taxpayer by CA workers, I'm judging them by all those folks I had to deal with and it is scary to think so many goldbricks, and to be quite honest, Peter Principle folks, are out there collecting a paycheck!

I think it is great that you believe you're working with the exceptions but statistics would say otherwise. And, your state routinely votes in folks like Blogo, Daley and Teflon, so I'm not thinking it's all peaches and cream out there.

And, while I know this state is currently in trouble, everyone better start praying or whatever ya do because if CA goes down the John-E, then the U.S. is going to be hurting. The GNP for California is the 7th highest in the world and accounts for 14% of the U.S.'s GDP. The condition the U.S. is in means it can't afford to loose 14%!

However, I don't have too much faith in the morons in Sac, particularly when we have Schwartzenazi there who hasn't a clue!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>