homestead - Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] State vs. Fed
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:38:11 -0500

Now, having worked for the Feds and at the county and city level, and having
collected a pay check from those same taxpayer dollars, I can tell you that
a great big % of my fellow employees were professional gold bricks! I
personally think that the whole paid holidays and sick leave thing are
ridiculous with the sick leave being massively abused!

The benefits for government employees are also amazing. My father was a federal employee, and now, 10 years after he died, my mother is still pulling in a huge pension from his work. She gets over $2000/month (AFTER paying health insurance) from the survivor portion of my father's pension...they got a lot more when he was alive. And in addition she gets full Blue Cross/Blule Shield that covers everything (she hasn't paid a cent for multiple ER visits, surgeries, etc.) for about $200/month through the government. I wouldn't make that much money or get ANY health insurance if I found a full time job in this area.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA