homestead - Re: [Homestead] Health care article from today's NYT front page

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Health care article from today's NYT front page
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:01:24 -0500

I know for many of us, fear of the loss of health care coverage is a primary concern. I hate HMOs and I hate the idea of the federal government becoming mine and everyone else's HMO. But, I don't know how we fix the problem. Even with insurance, my wife and I spend a significant amount on health care. This article is geared toward people younger than most of us, but might be interesting to someone who has young adults as children or grandchildren................

I'm 53 and I live like the young people in the article. Actively try to stay healthy and try not to break anything. I think it's a more responsible way to live than to ignore one's health and depend on doctors to 'fix' whatever we've done to ourselves.People run to the doctor for all sorts of things that could be cured by living right. My chances of getting health insurance are nill until I qualify for Medicare (NO jobs around here provide health insurance). So I'd better stay healthy....besides, it's much more enjoyable to be healthy than to be sick.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA