homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading on the beach?

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading on the beach?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:48:16 -0800 (PST)

Cathy, you should be able to grow all kinds of peas, beans, okra, squash, in
heat of thwe summer, just find out which varieties. You can also grow fall
peas, and fall corn. At the end of the summer, you can grow melons. My
memeory is not great but zI know people garden heavily in N. Florida in the
summer. Now, you will sweat like hell doing the garden work, but the right
varieties will certainly grow. Get used to your shirt sticking to your back
five mintues after 7:00 am in the garden, but the stuff does grow, I'm sure.

Beautiful flowers down there, too