homestead - Re: [Homestead] The weirdest thing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The weirdest thing
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:55:21 -0700

On Jan 6, 2009, at 3:37 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

While I was there, mesmerized by the
falling water, I felt and heard a rumble, a recurring thud-like sound,
that seemed to be directly underneath me. I have no clue as to what it
was, but I got the impression that perhaps there was an underground
waterfall there???

Well done, Watson.

You might want to not stand in that spot when the ground is saturated.

Lots of openings in karst topography. I am looking forward to cameras that can see the voids.