homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cold,cold weather

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cold,cold weather
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:48:55 +0000

because of our inexperience (and often ignorance) we are still having to
infuse a lot of cash to keep it going. but the direction is toward
self-sustaining. if we didn't have the cash, i don't think we could survive
right now, let alone sustain, lol. unfortunately, it is this very difficulty
that convinced my husband that homesteading is not for him. i am much more
stubborn than him and am determined to keep at it until i reach that level of
sustainability which does not require so much cash flow and yet offers the
few comforts i do require...warmth during winter being one of them.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)