homestead - Re: [Homestead] Another book for Bev

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Another book for Bev
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:29:13 -0800

I haven't ever heard about any problems with pork. At least not the non-agri-business pork. As I understand it, beef is a main protein culprit as it has been "tweeked" to the nth degree and, except for those who raise their own, fed a multitude of crap.

I personally do great on a fish diet and that makes sense since my ancestors have lived on the same part of the coast for somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 years. Love venison sausage and can eat most any type of bird.

Don't particularly care for store bought pork but love homegrown and anything smoked. Well, again, historically, my ancestors smoked just about anything they got their hands on. Salmon being a fav.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

Part of what you eat as your protein source has to do with what you've
been eating (for example, if you've been eating beef, then maybe lamb
will be okay, or venison, or possum. It just depends which proteins
set you off). I'm sure genetics has something to do with this. I don't
seem to be allergic to much with the exception of new carpeting. My
reaction to the new carpeting is calming down, but a few of my
coworkers continue to be afflicted.

I'm doing pretty well eating mostly rice and beans, but I'm getting a
nice piece of pork loin for Christmas according to my sister.

I haven't heard of pork being a problem.

Marie