homestead - Re: [Homestead] Another book for Bev

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Another book for Bev
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:21:02 -0500

I know that the Saami (sorry folks, I know you guys are tired of hearing
about this) survived better than most Europeans during the plague years
because they did not trade in wheat(which of course the rats and fleas
inhabited). They did not trade for wheat because they did not eat
wheat. Rye is used a lot in Scandinavian cultures over wheat, and I
love rye. It has always satisfied my palate moreso than wheat, even
before I knew I was Finnish/Saami. So yeah, I believe that genetically
I might have wheat issues...it all matches with the blood type theory.
I came to these conclusions a few months ago-that for me, it is worth
trying, and I am making substitutions and omissions.

Lynda wrote:
What about an ethnic diet? I know that in the 4 Corners the docs
have found that folks with diabetes that return to a lamb, corn, bean
and squash based diet and got rid of the wheat, beef and sugar diet
stopped needing insulin and lost a lot of weight.

--
The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men