homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:34:22 -0500

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

I it necessary to stop the meds? Is there any reason why traditional
medicine and alternatives can not work together.

In most cases, I can't see a reason that it would have to be mutually exclusive. I have good docs that are not American and have an open mind to alternatives. I do carefully pick my docs. When it comes to my thyroid, alternatives are easy...when it comes to RA, alternatives are not so easy. I'm not on cardiac meds, so all my concerns there are preventative. OA has good alternatives, but the problem is that most common alternatives, like capsaicin for example, are only pain relievers and really do nothing to stop the problem. I am a basket case of auto-immune disease run amok. I have TMJ, but it rarely gives me trouble. For the last 3 weeks, I haven't been able to chew well, and I've lost about 10 pounds now. The last time it flared up was about 5 years ago, and that only lasted a day or two. I was taught, once, how to put my jaw back, but I've forgotten the technique and that's not something I want to try without someone to guide me on popping it back right. I would love alternatives for things like TMJ...

But anyway, Van Dell, the problem here is Enbrel. It is working the way it was designed to work, it is a biologic disease modifying drug, but that process carries a lot of risk, and I am dealing with the primary risk and the secondary risk(like getting MRSA from having no immune system to speak of) Getting off that drug is the key/problem/solution.

Bev
--
The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men