homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed shortages

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed shortages
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:30:15 -0800 (PST)

Still reading the manual on when to start the garden.... Seems each type of
seed requires different start dates for this zone.

The neighbor down the road still has green stuff (what I don't know yet),
it's under plastic tunnels.

What would you consider a "mild" winter?

I read somewhere not to stake tomatos in the desert so the leaves can help
shade the flowers.  And probably would have to start them indoors to beat the
heat.