homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed shortages

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed shortages
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:54:28 -0800 (PST)

That's right Cathy. I remember more than one summer trip to the big peach
orchards; picking many bushel baskets of peaches, and then the women canning
peaches. I had forgotten. Do people still make bushel baskets?
There used to be a peach orchard here in Phoenix until the b*stard land
developers filled it with red-tiled-roofed ticky-ticky houses; they gave us
bags in which to pick our peaches, no bushel baskets. They only let the
general public come out once, every year.