homestead - Re: [Homestead] Motivation

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Motivation
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:58:07 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Dec 8, 2008, at 10:03 PM, bob ford wrote:

Supposedly the two great motivators are fear and greed.

I think the greatest motivators are fear and love. Seems to me that greed is an outgrowth of fear.

Greed can also be an outgrowth of love of money..

I think fear is motivation. Fear of failure, starvation, homelessness, fear of pollution, fear of your neighbor, fear of traffic....
--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda