homestead - Re: [Homestead] Motivation

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Motivation
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:33:53 -0800

I don't think the type of greed we see here in the U.S. is generally motivated by anything but, well, baser instincts. Greed <g> It is the direct result of a society that is brainwashed into being consumeristic and keep up with the Jones as the norm.

Unless you think that fear is that someone else might die with more toys.

Greed can also be an outgrowth of love of money..

I think fear is motivation. Fear of failure, starvation, homelessness,
fear of pollution, fear of your neighbor, fear of traffic....
hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda