homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:09:51 EST

> >The same kind of money we gave to the bankers. Athough this time it might
> actually do some good.

William, in my own school of economics I would say that your solution suffers
from the fallacy that views money as something real. Other versions of this
have been "if we didn't spend the money on the Iraq war" or "if we didn't
give
tax breaks to oil companies" now it's "If we didn't give all that money to
the banks but instead gave it to the workers, just look at all the things the
workers could buy!!"

The money does not represent real goods and services. If you gave everyone a
share of money and they went out to spend it, everything they attempt to buy
would just go up in price.

James