homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:30:42 -0800 (PST)

Marie, Medicare hasn't even started hitting the boomer generation, yet, and
it is already broke. yesterday (I think in the WSJ), a leading gov't doc was
talking about using the UK system to determine how much it was worth - for
the gov't-- to prolong a life (about $30,000 for a year, for someone our
age). That is rationing, today, before the gov't admits there is no money.

I'm not a masochist. If I thought the gov't could provide free healthcare ,
housing, security, food, shelter, etc., I'd be a mainstream democrat, myself.
I just believe that someone will eventually admit that the numbers don't
probably add, and we'll all be stuckm to fend for ourselves. 'figuring it
out --- day-to-day --- until then.............