homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:46:14 EST

People tend to change ideals over time, the hippies of the sixties were
concerned
more with themselves and those their age than with the country and it's well
being.
That group now is retiring and wants their social security check protected,
so again
they are looking out for themselves and those their own age. I guess we are
about
the same age, but I grew up seeing the draft dodgers as cowards. I knew and
met
plenty of them and although their protest signs seemed to be about ideals,
they
talked about not wanting to risk their necks. They were having a good time
partying,
drugs, booze, free love and long hair were the rage. The military was not
big on any
of those. It is funny to seem the same ones gripe about Clinton and Bush,
but not
totally unexpected of them

The people who show up, and defend their country, knees knocking all the
while
are the brave ones, not the ones who burned their draft cards surrounded by
their buddies. Hiding in Canada, faking ID cards and sneaking around is not
brave.

Drew

It's funny to see how people have judged presidential candidates on