homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 21:00:55 -0500

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:23 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> while I like to think of my ancestors as peace-loving
> reindeer herders and fishermen who were horribly victimized by the Evil
> Lutherans<g>

Beware of evil Lutherans <g>.

Did these atrocities occur when so many of the others did--when Social
Darwinism was all the rage here and abroad--late nineteenth into early
twentieth centuries? What a messed up time. We really thought we could fix
everything--everything--into varying ideas of utopia. Perfection via
science and education. What a bunch of messed up idiots.

I am now going to sit down and
think and write what I know and what I think I know about my
grandfathers life. ... this heritage is massively
important to me. I am close enough to the past to amass information for
future generations, and I intend to do so.

I hope you share it as you get it together. I'd love to hear about it.

Cathy