homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's almost over

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's almost over
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:29:15 -0800 (PST)

I don't really know buddhist history, I think the character Sun Tzu existed
about the same time as that of Buddha, both in China. Have you ever read
"The Art of War"? Patton, and Rommel both did.......

Someehere on the internet, you can find a news video of several thousand
Buddhists monks 'warring' with each other. Hacking each other with machetes,
using sticks, and rocks, and knives and other weapons. I don't know how to
find it, but I have seen it more than once.

Besides, Buddhists have never been a major power in modern times (though , as
I said they still will fight), if they were a power in Ancient times, it
would have been in China, where the history of War is very long.

Most major religions claim to teach peace. We see what that means with
Muslims today, what it has meant for Christians and Jews in the past. The
Hindi have nuclear weapons over in India. The Amish don't fight, but the
people from whom they came sure as hell did................