homestead - [Homestead] Sneezing

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Sneezing
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:25:04 -0600

About 3 weeks ago I got a flu shot, something I've done annually for
about 40 years when the vaccine has been available with no discernible
damage. This year the shot has been followed with what would appear to
the casual observer as a mild cold. My eyes water, my nose runs, I use
lots and lots of Kleenix brand tissues. Just days before the flu
shots, we got new carpetting throughout the building where I spend my
thane time. The mild cold symptoms may have started before I got the
flu shot by a few days. Anyone want to ascribe the incident causing
the symptoms to either possible cause and -- and this is the point of
posting -- is there anything I can do to quit sneezing and blowing my
nose? Honestly, my friends, I've nearly knocked myself out with
repetitive (up to +20 at this point) sneezing fits that left me limp.

Marie, the pathetic